AMARC invites you to participate to the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based ViolencePublished by karine on Mon, 11/16/2015 - 17:03
Montreal, November 16, 2015. From November 25, International Day to End Violence against women, to December 10, Human Rights Day, the World Association of Community Broadcasters (AMARC) invites community radio producers and journalists to help prevent and denounce gender-based violence by discussing the issue on air, raising public awareness, mobilizing communities and informing audiences.
“By doing so, community radios are asserting their role as agents of social change and are demonstrating once again their importance as preferred vehicles for education and for the empowerment of women”, says Francesco Diasio, Secretary General of AMARC.
Let’s recall that at its World Conference in La Plata, Argentina, in 2010, AMARC firmly took position against gender-based violence stating that “community radio stations express their solidarity and denounce all forms of sexual or gender violence, from domestic violence to armed conflict.” (…) and asking “States and governments for the recognition of the UN Convention for the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women, the Platform for Action of the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security.”
On the occasion of the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence, AMARC is looking for:
- Documentary, reportage, interviews, roundtable, life stories, etc. (the format is flexible).
- The subject of the production must be related to ending gender-based violence
Please note that prevention is the theme selected by UN Women for the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence.
- Audio production must be at least 10 minutes and be ready for on-air broadcast.
- Productions in local language are welcomed (a script is necessary).
- Journalists and community radio producers are encouraged to send their production via We Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org between November 25 and December 10, 2015. Please send a short proposal to email@example.com prior to November 25 to be included.
In your message, please write your name, the radio that will broadcast your production, your country, the title of your production, a short description of the topic discussed, the logo of your radio and, if possible, photographs to illustrate your production.
All participating producers and journalists will receive a financial compensation for their work*.
All received productions will be promoted in the partner's network, AMARC's network and on social media.
This international radio campaign is supported by Bread for the World.
*The production has to comply with the requirements mentioned above.